Saturday, September 10, 2011

Another Birthday!

We celebrated Aaron's 12th birthday today!  His birthday was actually on the 7th, but we had his party today.  What a blessing to be able to celebrate his day of birth after facing the possiblity of mourning his death.  I am in awe of the greatness and power of our God! 
On Wednesday Aaron and I sat and looked at his baby pictures.  He was such a cute baldy baby.  He weighed 8lbs 8oz at birth, and was one of my smaller babies.  Before his illness he was always hungry, he never lost weight, as many newborn babies do, but gained right away.  After his initial weight, he was always on the large side, or off the top of the growth charts.  When I look at him today, my 5'5" son, I am amazed that he was once my tiny son:)
When I think that only a few short weeks ago he was in renal failure and cardiac arrest, and is now almost back to perfect health, I am amazed.  We were so close to losing him, and now we are back to chasing him down to do chores and schoolwork again.
Thank-you, Lord, for sparing Aaron's life!



Sorry, not the best pic.  My cell phone is picky about lighting, and Aaron seems to blink in every pic lately:)
Sarah, 14yo sister, thought it would be funny to put all those extra pink candles on Aaron's cake.  I am surprised it did not set off the smoke detectors when he blew them out!

No comments:

Post a Comment