Thursday, September 30, 2010

Grace Like Rain

I'm not sure who sings the song, I'm not even certain the name of the song. As I was driving home in a downpour today, courtesy of Hurricane Earl, the song was on our local Christian radio station.
The rain was coming down so heavy at times I had difficulty seeing. I was concerned that certain areas would be flooded and I would need to detour.
Then, *that song* came on and I found myself singing along, "hallelujah, grace like rain, falling down on me".

Usually, when I hear that song, I think of a gentle spring rain. Soft, refreshing. Not the gully-washer we had today. Now I have a different perspective. Maybe this heavy, soaking, drenching rain is really what the song is talking about. So heavy, we can't see much else but God. So drenching, we are fully saturated by his grace.

I felt very blessed during my drive home. I didn't start out feeling blessed. I had not planned to go out in such extreme weather, but my 18yo daughter's car would not start, so I took her to beauty school. If she missed today, they would have added three weeks to her schooling. I had most of my children with me, and part of the way home, I feared I had been foolish. Then *that song* came on, and I felt very much at peace, and began to praise God for pouring out his grace like rain!

The streams were flooded and had spilled over their banks, but none had flooded the roads I needed to take!

How warm, dry and inviting my house appeared as I pulled into my driveway!

My husband is picking up Allura after he gets done work, another reason to rejoice!

No comments:

Post a Comment