Sunday, December 5, 2010

Life With Christopher

When Christopher was born and diagnosed with Down syndrome I knew my life would never be the same. Just because it would not be the same does not mean it will be bad. I'm certain I would not want it to be the same.

I have heard some people believe that children with Down syndrome see angels that the rest of us cannot see. I don't know how they come up with this theory.
This is what I believe Christopher sees. He sees the puppet show in every sock! He spends his day gathering random socks, or taking the socks off Trinity's feet, or his own. Then he puts them on his hands and starts a dialog, one sock talking to the other. It is very entertaining!

Christopher also sees the dance in every song. He can dance to anything, whether it is a worship song, Elmos's World, or a commercial jingle. He is never at a loss for dance moves.

Christopher also sees the need for every foot to be tickled. He sees every lap as a place for him to sit and snuggle.

No comments:

Post a Comment