Sunday, February 13, 2011

Your love, O Lord, endures forever

The Lord continues to deal with me regarding the pride I have in my heart. I am continually reminded that I have nothing that the Lord has not given to me. My pride only stands in the way of my relationship with God and with others.
Psalm 138:6 Though the Lord is on high, he looks upon the lowly, but the proud he knows from afar.
I do not want the Lord to know me from afar, I want a close relationship with him.

Psalm 139:1-6 O Lord, you have searched me and you know me. You know when I sit and when I rise; you percieve my thoughts from afar. You descern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my ways. Before a word is on my tongue you know it completely, O Lord. You hem me in- behind and before; you have laid your hand upon me. Such knowledge is too wonderful for me, too lofty for me to attain.

I am always in awe of the Lord after reading this passage. It is amazing to me that after searching me and knowing me, that God would still love and care for me. My thoughts are not always what I would want the Lord to know, even though I know he already knows them. The words that are on my tongue are not always words I would want the Lord to hear, yet he knows them before they are there.
Anyone who knows much about me knows I am clausterphobic. Yet the very idea that God hems me in, he is close behind me and before me, is comforting, rather than confining.

I can say, like King David, "The Lord will fulfull his purpose for me, your love, O Lord, endures forever- do not abandon the works of your hands." Ps. 138:8

No comments:

Post a Comment