Saturday, June 11, 2011

Another School Year is Complete

We had our homeschool evualtions yesterday, the official end of our school year. Even though I have been homeschooling for many years, since 1994, I always breath a sigh of relief at having all the legal requirements completed.
Our evaluator commented how he is always amazed at how much our family covers each year, all that my children accomplish. I was surprised to hear him say that. I do not really know what others cover, since I don't compare myself and my children to other families. I don't really ask other moms what they are doing.
I need to remind myself to look at the big picture sometimes. I get bogged down with the work of each day that I can easily overlook the fact that each of my children have made good progress. One of my children has made great progress, and has bloomed into a scholar who loves to learn.

What a blessing it is to be able to teach my children. It does not always feel like a blessing in the daily grind of life, but it is a blessing. One of the things that brings me the most satisfaction as a homeschool mom is listening to my children read from the Bible! Isn't that the true purpose of learning to read?

While the children are all enjoying a bit of a break from the bookwork, my job continues. The excitement of planning for another school year is always a pleasure.

No comments:

Post a Comment