Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Constant Changes

When our second child left the shoe in August, we began discussing the sleeping arrangements in our household.  We had an empty room, and needed to move some beds around. 

Our plan was to move Bethany and Sarah into Allura's old room.  It is slightly larger than the one they had been sharing, and it is one of the two bedrooms that has usable closets.   And, we planned to move Trinity into the girls' room.  But there was disagreement, so we put off the moving.  The bedroom sat empty these many weeks.  Well, not quite empty, Allura still had a lot of clothes in there, and the bed she slept in was there.  The empty bed came in handy the nights our oldest came to stay.  It was a blessing to be able to offer her a quiet place to rest.
Bethany did not want to move, and she did not want to stay in her current room alone.  She enjoys being with others, and tends not to like change.  So, Sarah moved over to Allura's old room alone.  And Bethany chose to share her bedroom with Trinity. 
Last night was the first time Trinity slept in her new bedroom.  Until now, she had been in my bedroom, first in the bassinet, which she really did not sleep in, and then in the portacrib.  We brought the real crib down from the attic over the weekend and put it together.  We finally put sheets on it yesterday.
I went to bed, last night, for the first time in 2 1/2yrs, without my baby girl in the room with me.  My calculations are not off, she will be 2yo in December, but before her birth, she was very much sleeping in the same room with me:)  I was very torn about it, I laid awake for quite a while, listening for her, ready to run upstairs and bring herr back down with me.  But she slept all night, is still sleeping peacefully at 9:30am.

So, it looks like my next project is to fold up the portacrib, and put it away, and rearrange my bedroom.  Bethany is not the only one who has difficulty with change:(

No comments:

Post a Comment