Monday, March 14, 2011

Our New Hobby

We are learning how to spin yarn here in the shoe. Allura already knows how, but is not fond of teaching, so the rest of us are making feeble, but fun atttempts.
A momys friend told me about ordering from The Sheep Shed, so we were able to purchase some nice mill end merino fiber from there. It is very soft and much easier to spin than the mohair that was my first attempt. I am pleased with the order and with the service from The Sheep Shed. My order was at my front door in a matter of less than one week.




This is my very first attempt at spinning yarn. It is mohair, and I was told later that mohair was not a good "starter" fiber. I attempted to make a pot holder out of it, but it was even too pathetic for that. So, I am using it to embellish one of Trinity's soakers, and other odds and end things. I can't let my first attempt be for nothing:) Allura got a good laugh at my sad yarn, but I distinctly remember some that looked very similar coming from her hands when she was learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment