Monday, July 11, 2011

It's Monday

Monday is a rough day around here. I'm not sure exactly why, but it is. Perhaps it is due to the routine of the week being broken by Daddy being home instead of at work.
This morning was busier than usual. Sarah, our 14yo, needed to be dropped off at camp. She was supposed to remind me last week to have the pharmacy refill her asthma meds. That did not happen, so we needed to stop at the pharmacy on the way to camp to pick up her meds.

Sarah hurt her foot on Saturday. She was doing her usual shuffle/skip/hop down the stairs at the speed of light, and lost her footing. She ended up tangled in the baby gate at the bottom of the stairs. For a while we were uncertain if it would mean a trip to the ER and possibly a cast. After 2 days of relative rest, her foot looks much better. If she doesn't completely overdo things at camp I think she will be ok. But this is the girl that has been told countless times to slow down on the stairs, and was miserable with resting for two days. So, we'll see. I picked up a bottle of ibuprofen for her while I was at the pharmacy, that was another one of the things on my to-do list.

Before I took Sarah to camp, I washed a load of towels, to be hung out by Bethany while I was gone. When I got back, the load of Gene's work clothes Bethany had started was ready to be hung out. Trinity's diapers take a bit longer to wash, but they are done and on the line, too. No dryer today!

Since I know Monday can be challenging, with behaviour not up to par, I decided to get supper started before my day got the better of me. I coated boneless chicken breasts with Italian salad dressing, wrapped them in foil and put them in my roaster oven to bake nice and slow. I also cleaned and wrapped some potatoes in foil and tossed them in the roaster oven, as well. I have my roaster oven sitting on my back porch. My family will have a nice supper without my house being heated in the process. I call it "porch cooking". I also made a double batch of finger jello and cut up two cantalope for dessert and for snacking.

Then there are the many little things that needed my attention: Josh's eye med, patch and glasses. Christopher's Ginko, diaper change, and dressed. Trinity's Singlulair, diaper change and dressed. Breakfast, lunch. Phone calls to two different insurance companies regarding bills for two different children.

This afternoon I plan to work on school plans for the coming year. This will give me a chance to sit while Christopher is napping. Since I am experiencing a heat related headache, sitting in the air conditioning sounds divine.

No comments:

Post a Comment