Sunday, August 14, 2011

Oh, For Grace To Trust Him More!

'Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus, Just to take him at his Word;
Just to rest upon his promise, Just to know, "Thus saith the Lord."

Jesus, Jesus, how I trust him, How I've proved him o'er and o'er.
Jesus, Jesus, precious Jesus! Oh, for grace to trust him more.

I'm so glad I learned to trust him, Precious Jesus, Saviour, Friend;
And I know that thou art with me, Will be with me 'til the end.

Jesus, Jesus, how I trust him, How I've proved him o'er and o'er.
Jesus, Jesus, precious Jesus! Oh, for grace to trust him more.


As that first night wore on, Aaron would stir and become restless even though under heavy sedation. I sang to him over and over again. I prayed audibly for him, letting him know that God was there and he could rest peacefully because, as Aaron so boldly spoke earlier, "God has this all under control."

Though the mountains shake and the hills be removed,
My unfailing love will not be shaken.
Though the mountains shake and the hills be removed,
My unfailing love will not be shaken.
And neither will my covenent of peace be removed,
My covenent of peace with you.

Oh afficted city, tossed about and without rest,
I'll rebuild your walls with jewels,
And great will be your children's peace.

Though the mountains shake and the hills be removed,
My unfailing love will not be shaken.

**This is part of a song based on Isaiah 54:10-13 Written by a sister in the Lord.
I sang this over and over, as well. This is the song that gets me through rough times. Aaron has heard me sing this many times, and he responded peacefully to it on this night of fighting for his life. (I must say I do not sing it anywhere near as beautifully as the lovely one who put it to music.)

I have called Aaron "my sunshine", and sang "You are My Sunshine" to him since he was my little baby. At 11yo, he was outgrowing being called "my sunshine", but he was not too self important to sing this song to his baby brother and sister on a daily basis. When all else failed to calm him, I sang this to him:)

His first morning in the PICU I opened my Bible and read Lamentations 3:22-26 out loud to Aaron.
"Yet this I call to mind and therefore I have hope:
Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail.
They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.
I said to myself, "The Lord is my portion; therefore I will wait for him."
The Lord is good to those whose hope is in him; to the one who seeks him;
It is good to wait quietly for the salvation of the Lord."

And we waited, still uncertain how this was going to turn out, yet trusting in our Heavenly Father's great love for us.


No comments:

Post a Comment