Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Illness visits the shoe

I was awakened at 2am by my husband and our almost 7yo son. He had a fever before he went to bed. Now he was having some trouble breathing. My husband said one of the other boys woke him up and said we needed a doctor.
When I got out my stethoscope, I could tell right away his lungs were clear. The noises I heard were all in his throat, which was a bit swollen. After a couple of good coughs, all was well again. He needed treated again for his fever, and I kept him near me the rest of the night. His fever has been up and down today, but no more breathing problems.

When people imply that I am wasting my nursing education by being a SAHM, I disagree with them. With several kids with asthma, one with PHPV and one with Trisomy 21, I use my nursing skills a lot. I am so grateful the Lord made it possible for me to become a nurse, as the knowledge I aquired has been such a blessing in caring for my children.

No comments:

Post a Comment