Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Some Firsts for the Shoe

You may have been wondering where I've been. I know it has been a while since I've blogged. I apologize, life can be busy here in the shoe.

Since I last blogged, my little blessing, Trinity Blessing, had her 1st birthday. I am always so amazed at how quickly this 1st year passes. What a joy it is to see all the little things Trinity has accomplished. Well, little for us, but huge for her.
Many of our children were walking by their 1st birthday, not Trinity. However, she is now walking, at 13mos, still crawling and holding on to furniture a lot, but taking more and more independent steps. She always acts so surprised when she realizes she is in the middle of the floor and not holding on to anything.

Another 1st for us: We had an artificial Christmas tree! Well, sort of a 1st. When Gene and I got married, his mom gave us a fake tree. It was a pathetic thing! We put it up that 1st Christmas, decorated it, looked at each other and said, "that is the Ugliest tree I have ever seen". We took it down and went out to buy a real tree. Since then, we have always had a real tree. Someone gave us an artificial tree last fall. We decided to give it a try. Gene didn't mind it. I did not enjoy it. I'm not certain if my lack of enjoyment was due to the tree, or the location. We decided to put the tree in our diningroom, another 1st. We are debating if we will give the artificial tree another try next Christmas.
For now, the tree is packed away, and back in the garage. And we are back to the business of homeschooling.

No comments:

Post a Comment