Saturday, July 10, 2010

Homeschool Planning

While the children are all enjoying their break from homeschooling, I am busy planning for the coming school year.
We will be using the Prairie Primer, which is a unit study, which is based on the Little House on the Prairie books. I used this with my 2 oldest children many years ago. I look forward to reading through the series again and doing the crafts and home arts with my children. I look forward to reading Bible passages with the children, passages that held special meaning to the real Laura Ingalls Wilder, that were relevent to her life and see how they apply to our lives. It will be fun singing "Three Blind Mice" and "Bean Porridge Hot" with my little ones again.

We will be using Primary Language Lessons and Intermediate Language Lessons, for language arts. Aaron will be improving his writing skills with the help of Wordsmith Apprentice. I also used this for my older ones and they enjoyed it. Beth and Sarah will be using Wordsmith. I have never used this level, so I am eager to see if it is as enjoyable as the Apprentice.

Math is always a toughy. Beth will be doing Keys to Geometry. Sarah wants to do CLE math. Aaron and Seth will be doing Mammoth Math. Seth used this last yr and we liked it, however, it does seem a bit advanced and I try to just ignore the numbers on the front and let them work where they need to be.

Jesse is still working his way through Alpha Phonics. Josh is still enjoying his Rod and Staff workbooks and his marker board. Christopher 3yo is working on his fine motor skills, speech and gross motor skills. (I will blog more on him another time.)

No comments:

Post a Comment