Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Like Christmas in July

Fellow homeschoolers, can you relate? Our order arrived from Rainbow Resource Center today. The children were so excited. Before the box was even opened they were calling "dibs" on things. They were begging to know what I had ordered for them. What excitement and anticipation filled our house!
When we opened the box, we got an added surprise: wads and wads of brown packing paper! The boys were so tickled to discover there was actually enough for each of them to have a piece. Thank-you Rainbow folks!!
While I looked through the new school books, the boys enjoyed outlining each other on their paper and drawing faces on their life-sized likenesses. Are my kids the only ones that get so excited over packing paper? This was almost as much fun as bubblewrap, but much quieter!

I love new school books! The look, the feel, the smell of them. The pages all clean and smooth.
I took some time to highlight some things in some of the books for some of the children. For some reason, some of my children will completely overlook the instructions to take a quiz, unless it is highlighted. My life in the shoe can quickly overtake me at times, and I can easily overlook things to, only to realize several days later that certain things were missed. That is why I am trying hard to organize now.

I have one child, my little worker bee, Sarah, wants to start school today. She thinks the new books look much more exciting than the old ones we just finished. Funny, I think I remember her saying the same thing last summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment