Thursday, July 22, 2010

My Daughter on a Mission

On a mission trip, that is. Bethany 15yo left on Sat. morning with our youth group to go on her very 1st mission trip. They went to Cherokee NC.

As I was leaving the church parkinglot, I had to feel sorry for the person who was driving the van my daughter was riding in. She was with 3 of her friends. So, at 4:30am, they embarked on a 10hr trip with 4 very noisey teenage girls. I sure hope the driver had earplugs.

Bethany called me the 1st day to tell me about a rash she had on her face and ask what to do about it. Instead of "phone a friend" it was "phone a nurse". When she called 2 days later to ask me if it is ok to use things that had bug spray spilled on the wrapper, she did not mention the rash. I am assuming the hydrocortisone cleared it up.
She said she hurt her knee, but is having the best week of her entire life! The knee must not be hurt too badly.

We recieved an email update from one of the leaders. The group is doing home remodeling and repairs for a single mom who has 3 children. They are doing drywall, laying flooring, repairing a roof, and painting. What a blessing to be able to minister the love of Christ in such a tangible way!
I can hardly wait for Bethany to get home. I am eager to hear how the Lord has been working in her heart this week, and I am eager to see pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment