Saturday, July 10, 2010

Where have I been??

My life in the shoe has been very busy, in a different sort of way lately. One of the things I have put on hold is this blog.

June 19 my children were scheduled to have their homeschool evaluations, as required by state law. I had worked hard on portfolios, cutting and gluing pictures of our school yr and sliding them into plastic sleeves. Sorting through school papers, picking out which ones to include as examples of what each child had done, progress they made. We were happily looking forward to getting done, we had plans for our summer, beginning with one son going to summer camp June 21st and the 18yo daughter starting beauty school the same day.
But God had other plans. I awoke at 3am on June 19th with horrible pain below my right rib. I couldn't lay down, I couldn't sit up, I couldn't walk around. I tried to wait it out til my family doctor was in his office. By 7am I had had more than I could take of the pain and asked my husband to drive me to the ER. After being examined and being scanned by ultra sound, it was determined my gallbladder needed to come out.

The doctor led me to believe I would recover quickly. It has not been that way. Three weeks later, and I am feeling much better. But it has not been a speedy recovery.
The difficult thing has been the order to refrain from lifting anything greater than 15lbs for 4 wks!! My 7month old daughter, Trinity, weighs over 18lbs. I am so thankful for my older daughters, who have graciously done all the heavy work for me.

We finally went to see the evaluator June 28th after Aaron 10yo came home from summer camp. Allura has three weeks of beauty school behind her. She is doing well with her tests and did her 1st official haircut yesterday.

Now the next step, planning for the new shcool year.

No comments:

Post a Comment